- This event has passed.
Womens Convention Events at the Shoppes
March 14, 2020 @ 11:00 am - March 15, 2020 @ 5:00 pm
Join us at the Shoppes during the Asbury Park Womens Convention!
This is the 3rd year for the Asbury Park Womens Convention. A new addition this year is a focus on women-owned businesses on Asbury Park. We’ve got a full schedule of programming presented by the many female entrepreneurs in our building, the Shoppes at the Arcade:
- Here at Backward Glances, we will be doing an exhibit on “Female Fashion Icons of the 60’s”. This display will include information and memorabilia, based on our blog posts on Fashion Icons. This exhibit will remain on view for two weeks, through our Musicians on a Mission fashion-themed acoustic show on 3/21.
- Flux Modern- “Women of Mid Century Design” display will feature information about 3 women designers who were influential in Mid Century Modern design. On display all day 3/14 & 15.
- “Meet and Greet with Judy Feinstein” – Judy is one of the early female pilots of the 1960’s and a two time recipient of the Amelia Earhart Medal. She’s one of the founding members of the Garden State Chapter of “99s” and a charter member of the New Jersey Aerospace Education Association. Chat with her about what it was like to be a woman pilot in the 60’s and view some of her photos and ephemera from the time. 10-5 pm on both 3/14 & 3/15.
- Food Lube- “Women Made Products- Tasting Event”. There will be a special tasting table set up where you can sample various products that have been made by women owned companies.
All day 3/14 & 3/15
- Paws Pet Boutique- “Free Samples Event” – stop by for some free samples of Pet Treats that have been lovingly handmade by women right there in-house. All day 3/14 & 3/15.
- “Jen McCarthy- Live Painting and Artwork on display”. Jen will do live painting and also showcase some of her artwork inside Paws Pet Boutique. 2-6 pm on 3/14.
- Type B Tie Dye- “Live Painting Event” will have live painting and artwork on display by local women artists. 3/14
Find out more about the Asbury Park Women’s Convention here!